About the Michigan Campaign Finance Network
The Michigan Campaign Finance Network is a nonpartisan, nonprofit coalition of organizations and individuals concerned about the influence of money in politics and the need for campaign finance reform in Michigan. MCFN conducts research on campaign contributions and their relationship to election outcomes and issues of public policy, supports access to campaign finance information and develops educational initiatives for the public on the subject of campaign finance reform.
- - Rich Robinson has worked for the public purpose throughout his career. Beginning as a Peace Corps volunteer more than 30 years ago, he has worked in local, state and federal government, and more than 18 years in the nonprofit sector. Since 2001 he has been executive director of the nonpartisan Michigan Campaign Finance Network, where he is the principal investigator of the biannual Citizen's Guide to Michigan Campaign Finance and periodic reports on money in Michigan politics. His commentaries on democracy and money in politics have appeared in numerous state publications, including the Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News, the Lansing State Journal and Dome Magazine. He has been a frequent guest lecturer at the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Central Michigan University, Oakland University and Grand Valley State University. Rich Robinson has a BS, MA and Master of Public Policy from the University of Michigan. He is a native of Sault Ste. Marie.
Board Of Directors
- John Chamberlin - Professor of public policy, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan
- Jan Dolan - Former Michigan state representative
- Patricia Donath - Past President, League of Women Voters of Michigan
- Eva Garza Dewaelsche - President, Metro SER
- Lynn Jondahl - Former Michigan state representative
- John M. Koval - Retired state economist; senior activist
- John Mayer - Former state and federal court administrator
- John J. H. Schwarz - Physician, former Michigan state senator and congressman
- Alma Wheeler Smith - Former Michigan state senator and state representative
The work of the Michigan Campaign Finance Network is supported by:
- Hundreds of Michigan citizens who care deeply about the health of our democracy.
- The Joyce Foundation