Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows state officeholders' top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings.
The data was last updated Jan. 7, 2019, covering disclosures through Nov. 26, 2018.
This page is available because of the support of MCFN donors. To contribute, click here.
44TH HOUSE DISTRICT (A portion of Oakland County)
Current representative: The current representative for the 44th District is Rep. Matt Maddock (R-Milford). The district features Highland Township, White Lake Township, Springfield Township, Milford Township and parts of Waterford Township, according to the House Republicans. According to his campaign website, Maddock is the President of A-1 Bail Bonds, Michigan’s largest bail agency, and is also a private detective.
Rep. Maddock was first elected to the Michigan House in 2018, taking office in 2019.
A map of the 44th District is available here.
Rep. Maddock raises money through a candidate committee, Friends of Matt Maddock for State Rep, and leadership PAC, Maddock Leadership Fund, which launched in August 2018.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Maddock And Connected Committees From 2017 To The Present
1. Matthew Maddock, A-1 Bail Bond, $58,425
2. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $5,750
3. Marian and Tim Sheridan, West Bloomfield, $2,100
4. Jon and Jennifer Sorber, Two Men & A Truck, $2,000
5. Winsome and Gunther Maddock, Milford, $2,000
6. William and Rosanne Ponkowski, Glendate Auto Supply, $2,000
7. Eric and Genise Horsley, Milford, $2,000
8. Realtors PAC, $1,500.
9. Ann Rauwerdink, West Bloomfield, $1,100
10. Many donors tied at $1,000
Top donors to Friends of Matt Maddock for State Rep for 2017-2018:
1. Matthew Maddock, A-1 Bail Bond, $58,325
2. Jon and Jennifer Sorber, Two Men & A Truck, $2,000
3. Marian and Tim Sheridan, West Bloomfield, $2,000
4. Winsome and Gunther Maddock, Milford, $2,000
5. William and Rosanne Ponkowski, Glendate Auto Supply, $2,000
6. Eric and Genise Horsley, Milford, $2,000
7. Realtors PAC, $1,500.
8. Glen Gay, Wayne County Bail Bonds Agency, $1,000
9. Matthew Moroun, Central Transport, $1,000
10. Duane Mitchell, Livonia, $1,000
11. Mary Buha, Milford, $1,000
12. Jonathan Chulski, Americans for Prosperity Michigan, $1,000
Top donors to Maddock Leadership Fund for 2018:
1. Chatfield Majority Fund, Lee Chatfield, $5,000
2. Jeremy Stradley, Insurance Freedom Bail Bonds, $500
3. Ann Rauwerdink, West Bloomfield, $100
4. Pam Little, Iron Mountain, $100
5. Matt Maddock, Milford, $100
6. Marian Sheridan, West Bloomfield, $100
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.