Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Sept. 24, 2018.
2nd Senate District (Vacant)
Former senator: Sen. Bert Johnson (D-Highland Park) was the previous senator for the 2nd District. According to the Senate Democrats, the district includes all or some of the following jurisdictions: Detroit City, Grosse Pointe City, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park City, Grosse Pointe Woods, Hamtramck City, Harper Woods City, Highland Park City and Village Of Grosse Pointe Shores.
A map of the 2nd Senate District is available here.
Sen. Johnson raised money through a candidate committee, Committee to Elect Bert Johnson, and a leadership PAC, Consensus PAC.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Sen. Johnson And Connected Committees From 2011 Until The Present:
1. Lisa and Michael McClain, $8,000
2. Committee Bert Johnson State Rep, $7,588
3. DTE Energy Co. PAC, $7,200
4. Bert Johnson, $7,026
5. Sreevani Kancharla, $7,000
6. United Auto Workers PAC, $5,000
7. Genesee 2020 PAC, $4,750
8. Auto Dealers of Michigan, $4,400
9. Denise and Vincent Henderson, $4,000
10. Linda and Michael Reid, $4,000
11. Karen and David Shea, $4,000
Top donors to Committee to Elect Bert Johnson for 2017-2018:
No reported contributions yet.
Top donors to Consensus PAC for 2017-2018:
No reported contributions yet.
Top donors to Committee to Elect Bert Johnson for 2015-2016:
1. Lisa and Michael McClain, $4,000
2. Latonya Wallace-Hardiman, $2,000
3. Carolyn Schell, $2,000
Top donors to Consensus PAC for 2015-2016:
No reported contributions
Top donors to Committee to Elect Bert Johnson for 2011-2014:
1. Committee Bert Johnson State Rep, $7,588
2. DTE Energy Co. PAC, $7,200
3. Bert Johnson, $7,026
4. United Auto Workers PAC, $5,000
5. Genesee 2020 PAC, $4,750
6. Denise and Vincent Henderson, $4,000
7. Lisa and Michael McClain, $4,000
8. Linda and Michael Reid, $4,000
9. Karen and David Shea, $4,000
10. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $3,900
11. AFSCME P.E.O.P.L.E., $3,500
12. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters PAC, $3,500
13. CMS Energy Employees for Better Government, $3,000
14. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association PAC, $3,000
Top donors to Consensus PAC for 2011-2014:
1. Sreevani Kancharla, $7,000
2. Michigan Association for Justice, Justice PAC, $1,000
3. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,000
4. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association PAC, $595.13
5. Auto Dealers of Michigan PAC, $500
6. Michigan Society of Anesthesiologist PAC, $500
7. SEIU Healthcare Michigan, $500
8. Retired Detroit Police & Fire Association, $250
9. Michigan Credit Union League, $250
10. Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association, $250
11. Matthew Evans Esquire, $200
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.