Following The Money: This page is designed to help the public find out who’s funding their elected officials. The information shows their top donors over time across a variety of giving methods. The data comes from the Secretary of State’s database and IRS filings. You can search for an official through the search tool below.
The data was last updated Sept. 24, 2018.
31ST HOUSE DISTRICT (A portion of Macomb County)
Current representative: The current representative for the 31st House District is Rep. Bill Sowerby (D-Clinton Twp.). The district includes Mount Clemens, Fraser and a portion of Clinton Twp.
Sowerby was first elected to the Michigan House in 2016, taking office in 2017. According to House Democrats, Sowerby was elected Clinton Twp. treasurer in 1996 and was re-elected four more times, serving through November 2016.
A map of the 31st District is available here.
Rep. Sowerby raises money through a candidate committee, Bill Sowerby for State Representative.
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Sowerby And Connected Committees From 2015 To The Present:
1. Bill Sowerby, $102,505
2. United Auto Workers Voluntary PAC, $7,000
3. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $4,000
4. Realtors PAC, Michigan Association of Realtors, $3,000
5. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $2,000
6. Michigan Education Association, MEA PAC, $1,500
7. James George, Delta Management, $1,350
8. Operating Engineers Local 324, $1,250
9. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,250
Top donors to Bill Sowerby for State Representative for 2017-2018:
1. Bill Sowerby, state representative, $42,505
2. Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters, $2,000
3. United Auto Workers Michigan Voluntary PAC, $2,000
4. Realtors PAC of Michigan, $2,000
5. Operating Engineers Local 324, $1,250
6. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, $1,250
7. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $1,000
8. Pipefitters Local 636 PAC, $1,000
9. Michigan Education Association, MEA PAC, $1,000
10. AFSCME AFL-CIO, $1,000
11. Michigan Laborers Political League, $1,000
Top donors to Bill Sowerby for State Representative for 2015-2016:
1. Bill Sowerby, Clinton Twp. treasurer, $60,000
2. United Auto Workers Voluntary PAC, $5,000
3. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $3,000
4. Realtors PAC, Michigan Association of Realtors, $1,000
5. Judith Bonior, retired, $1,000
6. Michigan Professional Firefighters, $500
7. Michigan Townships Association, $500
8. Robert Garvey, attorney, $500
9. Dana Gire, retired, $500
10. James George Delta Management, $500
11. Charles Towner, Towner and Towner, $,500
12. Patrick Moran, Pat Moran Chevrolet, $500
13. Local 58 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, $500
14. Kenneth DeBeaussaert, retired, $500
15. American Council of Engineer Companies, $500
Campaign finance reports can be found in the Michigan Secretary of State's campaign finance database. If you see an error in the above data, please contact us at email@example.com.