MI U.S. Reps raised $2.2M in 1st Qtr 2013
Michigan's delegates to the United States House of Representatives raised $2,170,989 in net contributions during the first quarter of 2013 according to reports filed with the Federal Election Commission.
- Press Release: Michigan U.S. Reps Raised $2.2M in 1st Quarter 2013
- MI U.S. Representatives' Campaign Finance Summary, 1st Qtr 2013
- MI U.S. House Campaign Finance Summary, 2012 cycle
Lobbyists spent record $37.1M in 2012
Lansing lobbyists spent a record $37.1 million in 2012, up by 4.8 percent compared to 2011. But lobbyists' reports conceal as much as they reveal.
- Press Release: Lobbyists' spending hit record $37.1M in 2012
- Top 200 Michigan Lobbyists - 2012
- Silver Spoon Supper Club - 2012
2012 Supreme Court campaign was most expensive, least transparent ever
Michigan's 2012 Supreme Court election campaign was the costliest and least transparent in state history. Just $4.7 million out of the $18.6 million in spending documented by MCFN - 25.4 percent - was reported through the State campaign finance disclosure system.
- Press Release: 2012 Supreme Court race was state's most expensive, least transparent ever
- 2012 MI Supreme Court campaign finance summary
- MI Supreme Court campaign finance summary, 1984-2012
Ballot committee totals: $154M
Michigan's 2012 ballot committees raised $154.3 million, smashing all previous records.
- Press Release: MI ballot committees raised $154.3 million in Campaign 2012
- Funds raised by 2012 MI ballot committees
Dark money and justice
Michigan earned national election notoriety in 2012. Our Supreme Court campaign appears to have been the most expensive, least accountable judicial election campaign in America.